This is a notice that the Annual General Meeting of the Calgary Marching Show Band Association (CMSBA) will take place as follows:
Date: September 4, 2018
Location: Calgary Stampede Trailblazer Building (near the Erlton LRT Station)
Nominations are being accepted from one (1) of six (6) available positions on the Board of Directors. The Chair of the Nominating Committee is Barry Hensch, to be included in the ballot for the next Board of Directors, please e-mail email@example.com with a short one/two paragraph biography by August 31, 2018. Nominations will also be taken from the floor during the AGM. In accordance with the Bylaws, you must be in attendance at the meeting to be elected, proxies are not permitted.
- For the minutes from the last Annual General Meeting, please refer to this link.
- For the Financial Statements that are being presented for approval, please refer to this link.
Notice of Planned Changes to CMSBA Bylaws
In addition to the regular agenda, this is a Notice of planned changes to the CMSBA Bylaws:
The purpose for Bylaws changes, at a high-level, are:
- Correct the incorrect name for the Association – should be Calgary Marching Show Band Association per incorporation documents
- Updated year end to reflect Dec 31 versus Aug 31
- Updated Ex-Officio members of the Board
- To reduce confusion changed definition of Showband to be Participating Programs
- Various small edits for typos / wording clarifications